Monday, June 14, 2010

South Africa Action Heating Up


So, the world cup comes to South Africa, after four long years, I finally get to enjoy watching the very best of the best once again. Of the many teams to participate in the World Cup, once again the bfavourites of the tournament stand out from the rest, though with the previous world cup holders, Italy, drawing their round game today, we can probably expect to see quite a few upsets in the coming tournament. Now year after year, we find where everyones loyalties lie, and again, I will be killing my soul in the process of routing for the UK favourites, England. The very disappointing Welsh haven't qualified for a World Cup since I can remember so I fall to the English, on my knees in the hope that maybe they can make it past the group stages. After just 4 days into the World Cup, we've seen many displays of world class football, with only 1 of the games in the group stages so far making it past a 2 goal win, when Germany obliterated the Australians 4-0. After such outstanding skills on show so far, we can only wait and see whether any other team can finally make an impact on the group standings. Brazil on day 5 gets to showcase their talent, and I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm very excited to see the best in the world play. Though for now, Go England!

No comments:

Post a Comment